Several clients have been asking for a way to create new campaigns programmatically from code. This is something that we used to support in older versions and also something that has been on the roadmap, so we're very happy to announce that this is now supported.
There are lots of use cases for this but here are some examples of what you could do:
- If you have a blog or news-listing on your page you could create a background job that sends daily, weekly or monthly summary to your recipients and populate the content based on your actual blog posts or new articles.
- Automatically trigger a campaign when a Umbraco content node is saved.
- Create your own UI to configure the campaign settings and then create the campaign from code.
Please have a look at the documentation for code samples and details.
The feature is currently implemented in:
- Newsletter Studio v11.0.1
- Newsletter Studio v10.0.2
- Newsletter Studio v4.0.5
- Newsletter Studio v3.0.9
We are working on backporting this feature to older versions as well.