Newsletter Studio lets you handle lists of subscribers using different mailing lists but it also supports sending newsletters to members in the Umbraco membership-section.
It's easy to add/remove/edit subscribers using the dashboard found by clicking on a subscription in the tree. The filter pane is used to searching and for showing bounces by clicking the "Only bounces"-checkbox.
If you have a list of subscribers that you would like to import into Newsletter Studio, click the import-button in the toolbar go show the "Import Subscribers" dialog.
Different file formats
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com....
firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org....
email@example.com --line break-- firstname.lastname@example.org --line break--
First Last;email@example.com --line break-- First Last;firstname.lastname@example.org
First Last,email@example.com --line break-- First Last,firstname.lastname@example.org
It's very easy to import contacts from Microsoft Outlook, just follow these steps.
1. Click File/Import and export and choose "Export to file" and click next.
2. Choose the option "Comma separated values (Windows)" and click next.
3. Select "Contacts" and click next.
4. Browse your computer and save the CSV-file somewhere. Give it a name and click ok, then click next.
6. Scroll the list to the left and find "First name", "Last name" and "E-mail", when finding one of them click them, hold the mouse button and drag them over to the right hand side. Make sure that they are sorted in the correct order. First name, Last name and E-mail. Click ok when you're ready. ! Now click the "Map Custom Fields" button, in the dialog click "Clear mappings" on the right hand side.
7. Now click on finish.
8. Go back to the import dialog in Newsletter Studio, browse for the new file and select "Outlook...." as the format and the click Import.
1. Click File/Options in the new dialog click "Advanced" on the left hand panel and click on "Export" in the Export group.
2. Choose "Export to file" and click next.
3. Follow the steps for Outlook 2017, start at step nr 2.
Goodie: This video-guide will show you the process
To create a new Newsletter just right click the newsletter icon in the tree and click "Create", or if you have existing letters, right click them and choose "Create new from this" to use the old newsletter as a template. The editor Newsletter Studio uses the same rich text editor as the rest of…
When you are done editing the newsletter it's time to send it. Click the "Send e-mail" button in the toolbar. This brings up the "Send newsletter dialog".Here you can choose to: Send out a test - Sends a test to one e-email Send the newsletter now - Sends the letter right away to the selected re…
If you want to use a content node as the source for your newsletter you can use the custom data type that was introduced in Newsletter Studio version 1.3.2. This can be very useful if you for example stores all newsletters as content on your website. This means that you don't have to copy and paste …
Newsletter Studio doesn't send the message out in the blue. It tracks everything that happens. If it's opened by the receiver, if any links where clicked or if the receiver decided to unsubscribe. You can even see the number of open letters hour per hour during the first week after send out.All news…